The Satcom Products Group of Communications & Power Industries’ Satcom & Medical Products Division is offering an innovative lineup of high-power uplink amplifiers at this month’s Satellite 2018 trade show in Washington DC.
From high frequency developments and new GaN products, to an expanded TouchPower product line and specialized troposcatter capabilities, CPI SMP’s products address the latest market demands:
- Ka-BAND SOLID STATE CAPABILITY EXPANSION: CPI is rolling out OpenBMIP™ for iDirect modems in most of its Ka-band BUCs, starting with its airborne KRFUs. CPI’s in-flight connectivity (IFC) capabilities include flight-qualified Ku- and Ka-band GaN-powered BUCs and transceivers. The OpenBMIP™ option helps provide access to Inmarsat’s Global Xpress GS subscription service.
- V-BAND DEVELOPMENTS: CPI is continuing to develop V-band products on multiple platforms, including a 250 W TWTA. Current offerings include a 130 W TWTA, as well as more powerful klystrons at V-band and Q-band that operate at output power levels of up to 500 W.
- TOUCHPOWER GEN IV: Now, users of klystron power amplifiers (KPAs) can benefit from CPI’s industry-leading TouchPower™ technology, which was previously only provided on 5-RU TWTAs. This well-received interface simplifies the setting and monitoring of desired parameters. The new GEN IV also boasts SNMP interface capability; a new RF power meter providing direct average power readings, and enhanced event log capability.
- LIQUID COOLING ON NEWER AND POPULAR OUTDOOR MODELS: Customers interested in acoustically quiet earth stations, longer TWT life and higher thermal margin may benefit from liquid cooling their HPAs. CPI continues to expand this optional capability to include more of its outdoor amplifier products.
- TROPOSCATTER (14.9 to 15.4 GHz) FREQUENCY, 1.25 kW TWTA: As demand for satellite coverage has increased and militaries continue to require flexibility and significant bandwidth to run their communications, troposcatter communications are emerging as an alternative means of sending signals. Where once this application was typically the domain of S-band or low C-band, high Ku-band is also proving to be viable for secure troposcatter communications. CPI offers a high-power TWTA to meet this need.
- MILSATCOM PRODUCTS: CPI is introducing a line of X-band GaN BUCs at 50 W and 100 W, and continues to expand its line of state-of-the-art, light and compact transceivers featuring integrated orthomode transducers (OMT).
Additional details about any of these products and capabilities can be obtained at CPI’s booth at the Satellite 2018 Conference and Exhibition, Walter E Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC.