As featured in the December 2019 issue of SatMagazine as an Executive Summary, the full "Six Satellite Crises: Issues, Alternatives and Prospects" report is available from the publisher, TelAstra.
This special report is a part of Communication Satellite Databases which TelAstra, Inc. has published for 35 years, addressing in detail the concerns facing the industry, complete with graphics and data, with direct statements and sound conclusions.
This report addresses these dynamic times for the satellite industry:
- The dramatic expansion of new satellite systems is providing explosive growth in capacity and declining prices — revenue is falling for many satellite operators.
- Video distribution is competing with fiber solutions.
- Subscribers to premium television including DBS and DTH are migrating to Internet.
- Many mobile systems will soon use LTE and 5G technology. New distribution channels are being developed for satellite services. IOT, Airline and cruise ship passenger services are the latest high potential areas. Satellite telephone and broadband services growing more slowly.
- New LEO constellation projects are in production.
- The number of new satellite GEO construction and launch contracts is declining.
You can read the Executive Summary of “Six Satellite Crises” in the December issue of Satmagazine.
at this direct infolink... or, visit the TelAstra website under “Products” and download a copy.