[SatNews] SatService Gesellschaft für Kommunikationssysteme has debuted their sat-nms SMU Signal Management Unit for broadcast and satellite ground station applications.
The sat-nms SMU is for satellite ground station and/or satellite head-end environments and performs signal management in a simple to use and flexible unit. Due to the choice of different card modules, sat-nms SMU can be built to best match an application's requirements. Each card module is designed to fulfill a specific function and the combination of different card modules offers the ability to solve most signal handling "challenges." The key features include:
- LNB DC Insertion
- LNB Current Monitoring
- L-Band Signal Strength / Level Monitoring
- Threshold Monitoring
- Adjustable Gain / Output Level
- Automatic Signal Backup Switching
- LNB Redundancy Switching
- Transfer Switching Capacity
- External Alarm Handling
The sat-nms SMU is a combination of the sat-nms MPC, which housesthe M&C card module, the hot pluggable power supplies and provides five5 slots for the various card modules. The following card modules are currently available:
- sat-nms MPC—(Multipurpose Chassis) can be fitted with variations of different card modules. The chassis provides the remote M&C interface via web-browser, SNMP, HTTP GET functions and RS232 interface.
- sat-nms LDCI—The module sat-nms LDCI (Line Amplifier DC Inserter) with integrated adjustable line amplifier, DC inserter and L-band input level monitoring functionality is designed for professional satellite receive applications like LNB DC Insertion.
- sat-nms TMPS—The module sat-nms TMPS (Transfer Multipurpose Switch) with integrated DC inserter, IF input level monitoring, WG switch drivers and automatic switch functionality is a module designed for professional satellite receive applications, such as LNB Redundancy Switching Systems.
- sat-nms UMPS—The module sat-nms UMPS (Universal Multipurpose Switch) with integrated DC inserter, IF input level monitoring and automatic switch functionality is designed for professional satellite receive applications or signal backup switching.
- sat-nms CS24—The module sat-nms CS24 (Combiner/Splitter 2 x 1:4) is a passive splitter/combiner that provides 2x 1:4 splitting/combining capacity.
The SatService GmbH infosite is located at http://satservicegmbh.de/