[SatNews] More than 60 presenters from 10 Countries will speak at the 33rd American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) International Communications Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC), which will be held at QT Surfers Paradise, 7 Staghorn Avenue, Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217, Australia, from September 7 to 10, 2015.
The world’s largest technical society dedicated to the global aerospace profession is The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and the organization selected the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia as the destination.
The 2015 ICSSC conference is co-hosted by Australian based EM Solutions and the AIAA Japan Forum on Satellite Communications with the conference theme—“High Throughput Satellites, Other Performance Advances and Applications – Keeping Satellites Essential in a Broadband World”. The theme has been chosen to emphasize that, even though fibre networks tend to dominate discussion of broadband telecommunications, this is a wireless world and satellites remain the only platform to offer communications anywhere, anytime.
The applications of satellites are broad, and range from the provision of broadband services such as entertainment, health, and education to remote areas; to users on the move in areas without infrastructure; national defence and security; remote sensing of lands and oceans; and importantly, transport safety.
Underpinning these uses are technology platforms that must evolve to meet increasingly complex applications – platforms that offer broadband data transfer, lower latency, and on-the-move mobility in rough terrain. This has required the development of new network architectures, but also new antennas, terminals and modems, and satellites that are more cost effective and adaptable for multiple uses.
This conference will explore these challenges, propose and discuss solutions, and provide a forum for the exploration of the economic, marketing, technical, and regulatory issues affecting these new and planned services.
New System Architectures and New Technologies Colloquium
The Conference will be preceded by a Colloquium on Monday, September 7, 2015, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., followed by the Conference Welcome Reception. Attendees will spend the day listening to lectures with a group of highly technical international speakers who all know a lot about one Satellite Communication.
The Colloquium titled, "Architectures and Technologies for Next Generation High Throughput Satellite Systems" will review what will maximize the economic return from the industry’s space investment. The Colloquium will host a panel of experts representing the multiple aspects of ground and satellite architectures, in a workshop-style forum. The Colloquium is structured so attendees can actively engage with the panel, and better learn about how current and future technologies will realize next generation high throughput satellite systems.
ICSSC 2015 Pre-Conference Colloquium Panelists will include:
- Jacques-Samuel Prolon, General Manager Kacific Broadband Satellites, Emerging Satellite Services
- Andrew Johnson, Managing Partner of the Delta Systems Group formerly Orion, Regional Satellite Services
- David Ball, former CTO Newsat, Global Satellite Solutions
- Hector Fenech, Director of Future Satellite Systems, Eutelsat, Global Satellite Solutions
- Erwin Hudson, VP and Program Manager ViaSat, former CTO Wildblue Communications, Broadband Ground Services
- Rob Singh, VP Business Development and Comm Systems Architect, SSL, Broadband Satellite Systems Manufacturer
Conference Technical Networking Day - Thursday, September 10th
The organizers have created a special day to allow delegates to network and discuss matters of engineering significance in a more relaxed environment, with the following networking opportunities available to provide memorable moments of your conference attendance.
- Golf – The Glades Golf Club boasts the reputation as one of Australia’s most prestigious resort golf courses and is located right here on the Gold Coast. Designed by champion Australian golfing icon, Greg Norman, the course is typical of his trademark aggressive layouts offering golfers a challenging round of golf within visually stunning surrounds. A mini shot gun start has been arranged so you will all start at the same time and finish roughly the same time.
- Tamborine Tracks Tour – (Mt Tamborine National Park), a fully guided and all-inclusive tour into the Gold Coast Hinterland. Visit Tamborine National parks with an award winning, family run 4WD tour company. Experience secluded hillside trails, private venues, rainforest, waterfall and stunning panoramic views with a timetable that doesn’t feel rushed but has you seeing as much as you can in the time. Small group touring with personal guide for the day which includes full commentary both in the vehicle and on all walks with morning tea on Tamborine Mountain, delicious baked goods, tea & coffee, Wine Tasting, Rainforest Walk to Curtis Falls on Tamborine, 4wding on tracks with Gold Coast Views and BBQ Lunch at Private 400 acre Cattle property.
- Whale watching Cruise - See the magnificent humpback whale breach. Hear their great tail slap the water. Feel the waves rock the boat. Marvel at their playfulness. Embark on an unforgettable whale watching cruise past homes of the rich & famous to the deep blue waters of the majestic “HUMPBACK WHALE HIGHWAY”. The cruise departing from Surfers Paradise and also includes a bonus Gold Coast Canal Cruise.
The Gold Coast is a perfect location to celebrate the continuing success of the satellite industry and discuss the future diversity of opportunities offered by satellite communications and QT Gold Coast was the first in a series of unique, designer hotel experiences with QT Gold Coast reliving the 60’s experience. With exceptional food, wine, music, interior design and art you’ll be taken back to the 60’s and be welcomed by an inspiring open-spaced setting with beautiful artist-crafted features and bold custom lighting. Eclectic cuisine in the international marketplace Bazaar Restaurant and the relaxed California Baja lounge vibe of our Stingray Lounge ensure the conference provides opportunities for networking and relaxing after each days sessions.