RedPort Global has integrated Expedition navigation software with RedPort XGate satellite data services and the RedPort Optimizer series of satellite data routers.
Expedition software is advanced navigation software used by racers and recreational boaters. The integration enables users of Expedition to easily access weather data via their XGate subscription or an Optimizer router connected to any standard satellite communications device. Additional XGate services include:
- Accelerated Email—Email service offers up to 20 times acceleration versus uncompressed speeds, saving up to 85% on satellite airtime. Works with a dedicated email address or third-party services such as Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo! Mail or your corporate mail address
- GRIB Weather—In addition to Expedition software compatibility, XGate includes a built-in weather app with GRIB weather file requester and viewer. XGate also works with a wide range of other weather and navigation applications from leading providers
- Accelerated Web Browsing—Compression uses a web proxy service to provide users with 3-5 times average web acceleration, while also blocking ads, checking for malicious sites and compressing images
- Text-based Mobile Weather Forecasts—XGate mobile weather forecasts delivery up to 7 days of a variety of text-based weather forecasts for iOS and Android users
- Social media—Users can post text and photos to Facebook and Twitter over satellite and cellular narrowband devices
- Blogging—Users get free access to a Sailblogs premium basic account to help them share their adventures while travelling with their satphone
XGate Mobile apps compatible operating systems:
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
- Google Android smartphones and tablets
RedPort XGate is offered by satellite service providers using the XGate brand by Advanced Tracking, ClientSat, Global Marine Networks, MultiSat, Satellite Phone Store, and under other brand names, including: Network Innovations Speedmail, Satphone.Me from Satphonestore.com, MVS MVSMail, and SatLink from BlueCosmo/SatWorx.
According to Dr. Luis Soltero, the CTO of RedPort Global, users are now able to easily access weather over virtually any satellite device. Nick White of Expedition added that, thanks to the seamless interaction between Expedition and Optimizer or XGate, a navigator's tasks are now much easier, which gives them more time to spend on the all-important decision making necessities.