‘Cellular Backhaul 2018: Satellite + 3G, 4G, LTE & 5G Leveraging the Now! & The Sometime Soon’ comes to London’s ExCeL Centre on June14, 2018, and the conference organizers — the GVF-EMP Partnership — have announced additional speakers joining the program.
This event, for the first time embedded at KNect365 5G World/IoT World/Smart Transportation/Mobility, which runs from June 12 to 14, is sponsored by Comtech EF Data, Hughes, Newtec, SES Networks, Hispasat, iDirect, Gilat Satellite Networks, and ND SatCom.
The one-day ‘Cellular Backhaul 2018’ program comes as 5G is in process of being realized, and has, as of the date of this information, attracted speakers from almost 20 organizations, with more scheduled to confirm their respective contributions to a dialogue focused around such topics as: Satellite backhaul: Pre-5G networks — An appraisal of 4G/LTE and before; Where will satellite sit in the delivery 5G functionality? Merging broadcast infrastructures and broadband infrastructures; Wireless access technology heterogeneity: A native feature of 5G; 3GPP satellite Use Cases; Networks densification & the role of satellite; High Throughput Satellites and 5G/IoT infrastructures; GSO & NGSO satellite solutions & 5G deliverables; Small satellite (NGSO) constellations in the M2M/IoT ecosphere; Satellite seamlessness & footprint ubiquity to service the IoEE; Satellite & the device environment of smart city infrastructure; Satellite & IoT application markets; Satellite & mobile network macro-cell & small-cell architectures; Latency & evolving satellite system networks; and, Network encryption, client security & cyber security imperatives: Satellite & mobile wireless pan-network integration.
Four interactive sessions will comprise the foundation to the day’s discussions, with each session featuring between three and five panelists, each of whom will deliver brief introductory perspectives on the session theme before engaging in moderator-led dialogue with the audience.
Sam Oakley, Senior Portfolio Director with KNect36,5 commented that his organization is delighted to be partnering with GVF and EMP to introduce the Cellular Backhaul 2018 theater to the show floor at 5G World and TechXLR8. With the vision and roadmap for 5G taking shape, this will be an important opportunity to discuss the role satellite will play in this process.
Martin Jarrold, Chief of International Program Development with GVF and chairman of ‘Cellular Backhaul 2018’, added that GVF is delighted to work with KNect365 to leverage the opportunity provided at ‘5G World’ to enhance the mobile network operator (MNO) and teleco community’s engagement in current dialogues that encompass analyses and perspectives on 5G and the Internet of Things of the 3GPP, 5GPPP, International Telecommunication Union, European Union, European Space Agency, and other stakeholder actors. For example, the 3GPP has specified a series of Use Cases where satellite will be essential and integral to 5G networks service offerings, namely in respect of Multimedia Delivery; Mobile Broadband to Users & Vehicles; Machine Type Communication; Critical Communication; and, Vehicular Communication.”
Mr. Jarrold continued, saying that the NetWorld 2020 European Technology Platform has said that satellite will contribute to augment 5G service capabilities and address some of the major challenges in relation to the support of multimedia traffic growth, ubiquitous coverage, machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and critical telecom missions whilst optimising the value for money to the end-users.
The program for ‘Cellular Backhaul 2018: Satellite + 3G, 4G, LTE & 5G Leveraging the Now! & The Sometime Soon’, as at 25th May, is as follows:
Satellite beyond the Backhaul Opportunity: Integration with “the Network” – A New Paradigm
- Semir Hassanaly, Market Director, Mobile Backhaul & Trunking, Newtec
- Richard Swardh, Senior Vice President, Mobile Networks Operators, Comtech EF Data
- Simon Gatty Saunt, Vice President, Sales, EMEA Fixed-Data, SES Networks
- Jorge Rodríguez López, Gerente de Marketing, Hispasat
- Gowri Perampalam, Principal Systems Design Engineer, Vodafone
Satellite Use Cases in 5G Deployed Infrastructures
- Robert Novak, Director, Business Development, Mobile Networks, ND Satcom
- Chris Boyd, Senior Director, Vertical Market Solutions, Product Management, VT iDirect
- Raz Ben Haim, Product Line Manager, Backhaul Solutions, Gilat Satellite Networks
- Javier Santos, Business Development Engineer, Inster
- Dario Mulassano, Business Development Director, Hughes
Device-to-Device: Satellite & Maximising IoT for the Internet of Everything Everywhere (IoEE)
- Mark Lambert, Vice President Business Development, Kratos Communications Ltd
- Paul Scardino, Senior Vice President, Sales Operations Engineering & Marketing, Globecomm
- Alex Holvoet, Senior Vice President, Program Management, LeoSat
New Architectures & Technologies for Mobile Platforms: Meshing Wireless & Broadband Satellite
- Fabien Robineau, Regional Director EMEA, AsiaSat
- Gerry Collins, Director, Mobile Network Operator Product Management, Intelsat
- Kieran Arnold, Head of Networks & Systems, Satellite Applications Catapult