[SatNews] The Asset Intelligence subsidiary of I.D. Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDSY) now has a contract with a leading U.S. regional trucking company to deploy its newest VeriWise™ Dry Van cellular solution for tracking and managing fleets of trailers and their cargo.
The contract encompasses 400 tracking devices with a service term of five years, which is expected to contribute to the company's recurring revenue stream commencing in the first quarter of 2015. The VeriWise™ GSM-D300 Dry Van cellular system features:
- Rapid, cost-effective deployment—one person can install the system in 20-30 minutes per trailer— with an all-in-one tracker assembly that can be serviced from outside a loaded trailer
- Real-time location tracking via GPS satellites and GSM cellular technology, with automatic email/ text notifications of exception events
- Untethered data reporting for up to five months
- Patent-pending light sensor with the functionality of a wired door sensor, without the installation cost or risk of damage to exposed cables
- Rugged construction with IP69K and SAE J1455 environmental ratings
- Five-year rechargeable Li-Ion battery with intelligent power management, for long, low-maintenance product life.
- Redundant 7-way tractor power hook-up to ensure reliable battery charging
- Unique design for easy external access/maintenance and swapping between trailers
- Optional advanced fleet data analytics
"Our new GSM-D300 system integrates the latest sensor and power management technologies to help dry van fleet operators optimize their trailer utilization and reduce their capital and operating costs, "said Norman Ellis, I.D. Systems' COO. "We've combined a patent-pending light sensor with our ultrasonic cargo sensor to provide reliable, accurate reporting of trailer loading/unloading events and load status through the shipment cycle. Our technology has demonstrated the ability to reduce cycle times by an average of 72 hours per trailer per month, and increase shipment volume and revenue by 10 percent, without increasing fleet size."
For more information about I.D. Systems, please visit http://www.id-systems.com/.